Mission Statement – “We the People” believe that it is the right of the people to determine their nominee for president. No one person’s vote should count more than any other one person’s vote. We call for an end to the use of super delegates in the Democratic Party.”
- White – for Truth (What we stand for)
- Yellow – for the Boldness of Youth (Who we are)
- Green – for Grassroots (Where we come from)
Check out this article in the Detroit Free Press on Sunday May 4 on the Super Duper Club. A super feature with photo in the editorial section of the newspaper.
Listen to the Muskegon Chronicle’s podcast on June 2 of Angelina and Corey, discussing the Super Duper Club.
Listen to Myranda, Nyssa, Corey, and Angelina on 103.7 FM radio in studio radio show on May 15.
Watch TV interview with Corey & Dani on WZZM TV news on March 12.
Super Dupers say “Hi” from Jumbos. Take a look!
SATURDAY APRIL 19 – WAS A BIG DAY FOR US…and it went grand. Check here for complete coverage. What a day! What a day! At 5:00 Mark Brewer (chairman of the Michigan Democratic Party) met for 45 minutes with Angelina, Molly, Ariel, Myranda, and Dani at the Coffee Joint. The girls adamantly presented our position. Mr. Brewer held firm. Meanwhile the rest of us were up at the Whippi Dip, banging drums, waving flags, and holding picket signs, reminding those on the way to the big Democratic fund raiser at the Oakridge Country Club – the problem with Super Delegates. At the CC Angelina and Tyler and Molly and Ariel – greeted people at the front door with petitions and flyers. By the end of the day – everybody knew who the Super Duper Club was and what was wrong with the democratic primary system. Afterwards we all went out and ate a lot of pizza.
WEDNESDAY May 5 – PETITIONS IN D.C. – Our Close Up Trip in Washington D.C. We delivered 1370 signatures calling for the end to super delegates, to Howard Dean at the Democratic National Committee. Things got a little hot inside the DNC – but in the end we delivered our message and our signatures. We petitioned our government as protected in the first amendment of the Constitution. Check here for complete coverage.
THURSDAY May 15 – 103.7 FM – Angelina, Corey, Nyssa, and Myranda talked on the radio with PA at 103.7 (the beat). They talked about everything from politics, to school, to the state of the world. We’ll post the radio show right here as soon as it comes our way. Until then check here for complete coverage.
SATURDAY May 17 – Relay for Life – We went to Whitehall. We walked, we talked, we danced, we boxed, we sang songs and camped out. We crashed on the pole vault pit. Most importantly we supported a great cause. Must’ve been 25 Eagles made the flight up from Apple Ave to walk to support Cancer Research. We raised $420 for the cause. A special thanks to Ariel for all of her efforts in running the show. Check here for the days festivities.
OUR NEXT BIG EVENT:
Wednesday May 28 – Breakfast at Jumbos 6:30 AM – Wear your T-shirt!
August 25 – DEMOCRATIC NATIONAL CONVENTION IN DENVER
At the May 20 Super Duper Club meeting we decided that we WILL go to Denver in August…just to remind the Democratic Party that we mean business. We have a house and floors and couches in Denver. We will rent a van, take our sleeping bags, and continue the fight. When we started this mission back in February – our goal was to rid the world of super delegates. While we have raised awareness at the local level, in Lansing, and at the DNC…the party rules still stand. Super Delegates will determine the democratic nominee in the 2008 election. There’s another presidential election in 2012. We will remind the Party in Denver that the issue and the Super Duper Club are not going away. So that means we stay in touch over the summer – if you weren’t at the meeting get Mr. Wood your phone # and email…and start saving your pennies for the Rocky Mountain State.
- WE HAVE A FLAG – Thanks for all the hard work Ariel – so sharp!
- WE HAVE A FIGHT SONG – Corey Swanson / writer, singer, and producer. Listen here. And check out the lyrics. Corey, Bobby Marley would be proud.
- T-SHIRTS – Shirts will be in Thursday May 1 in time for the May Day pep assembly. Take a look at the design. Colors come in Green, Yellow, White.
- SUPER DANI PATCHES – take a look at the page above this one…Dani’s making some really cool patches for the T-shirts. Post your order.
- WE HAVE A BASEBALL FIELD BANNER – The banner is finished! It was designed by Brittany, Jen, Dani, Ariel and Mr. Wood at Big Apple Bagel over Spring Break. The design was unanimously approved by the Club on April 15. The banner will hang alongside advertisements of local businesses – and was made by Big Signs Inc. It should be up and hanging at all Eagle home games by April 28.
OUR TRIP TO THE LANSING STATE CAPITOL:On March 13 ten of us (Amber, Angelina, Corey, Myranda, Dani, Brittany, Dakota, Chad, Mr. Wood, and Mrs Mosher) traveled to Lansing to represent the Super Duper Club at KidSpeak at the State Capitol. KidSpeak provides an opportunity for young people around the state of Michigan to meet with their state legislators and inform them of issues that affect young people. Angelina, Corey, and Amber all gave five minute speeches to Congressional reps in the Senate appropriations room. The message was loud and clear – the practice of Super Delegates is undemocratic and needs to END. We got over 40 signatures, and then walked 730 signed petitions down to the State Democratic Party offices. After Angelina read a statement on the front walk of the HQ we visited with representatives of the party. We left our petitions and headed into East Lansing for dinner and Insomnia Chocolate Chip Cookies. The day was a total success. Below check out our slideshow of photos from the trip and a WZZM TV interview with Corey and Dani the night before.
- March 13– Kidspeak@ The State Capitol before Congress
- Slideshow of photos from the trip and speeches at the State Capitol.
- March 12 – WZZM TV interview with Corey & Dani on WZZM news.
- Thursday March 20 – (4:45 to 6:00) – Project Seven is playing at the LC Walker Arena from 6:00 to 9:00. Meet @ Mr. Wood’s room 4:45 PM if you want to go. We could use a driver or two.
- Tuesday March 25 – (6:00 PM) – Musekgon Jaycees (Junior Chamber of Commerce) meets at the Holiday Inn Steakhouse downtown. We are on the agenda. Coffee House cup of coffee following. Let Mr. Wood know if you want to go.
- Saturday April 19 – (Three Events)AM in Scottville Mason County – 2nd Congressional District pledged delegates caucus. All Super dupers invited. 4:30 PM meeting @ Coffee House with Mark Brewer Chair of Michigan Democrats. Major democratic fundraiser at Oakridge Country Club from 5:00 to 9:00 PM. Picket signs and petitions to greet democrats.
- Saturday April 26 – March of Dimes – 8:00 AM til noon at Hertiage Landing. Walk for a cure for Birth Defects. We can get pledges and walk as a group. Stay tuned for more info. Our flag will be ready and waving by then.
- Friday May 2 – AM 1090 Muskegon – Corey and Tyler and Dani were on the radio – 1090 AM in studio interview talking about Super delegates and the Super Duper Club. We will post the podcast on the show as soon as we get a copy.
- May 3 to 10 – Close Up Washington – Deliver 1300 signed petitions to Howard Dean at the National Democratic Party HQ.
- May 13 – Angelina, Myranda, Corey & Nyssa jabbered away on the radio for a half hour with Paul Billings about super delegates and the world. We will post the podcast as soon as we get a copy.
- May 17 – Relay for Life – Whitehall High School Relay for Life. 10:00 AM Saturday to 10:00 AM on Sunday. Everybody and Anybody are invited to both events! The picket of the Michigan Democratic delegate selection in Grand Rapids has been cancelled because the Michigan Democratic selection assembly has been postponed due to Michigan’s delegates not counting in the national total. If they re-schedule – we re-schedule.
- August 25 to 28 – National Democratic Convention @ Denver. We’ve got some living room floor space in Denver if this battle is still being waged and you really want to go.
SUPER DUPER MYSPACE BLOG:You can visit myspace by going to this link. If you do not have a myspace and would like to leave your ideas here, please do so.
SUPER DUPER LETTERS – to the public Super Duper Statement to the Democratic Party 3/13/08 – This statement was read aloud at the Democratic Party HQ when delivering 730 signed petitions to the party on 3/13/08.
- Dani P – Letter to Editor 3/6/08
- Brittany W – Legilslative Letter 3/13/08
- Angelina M – Legislative Letter 3/13/08
- Corey S – Legislative Letter 3/13/08
- Amber L – Legislative Letter 3/13/08
- Myranda S P – Legislative Letter 3/13/08
- Letter to National Democratic Party 3/13/08
- Minutes of the breakfast – May 28, 2008
- Minutes of the meeting – May 20, 2008
- Minutes of the meeting – May 13, 2008
- Minutes of the meeting – April 29, 2008
- Minutes of the meeting – April 22, 2008
- Minutes of the meeting – April 15, 2008
- Minutes of the meeting – Spring Break April 8, 2008
- Minutes of the meeting – April 1, 2008
- Minutes of the meeting – March 26, 2008
- Minutes of the meeting – March 19, 2008
- Minutes of the meeting – March 12, 2008
- Minutes of the meeting – March 5, 2008
- Minutes of the meeting – February 27, 2008.
- Minutes of the meeting – February 20, 2008.
petition– final copy
- Our Official Petition Total for D.C. – 1370 signed petitions
- Our Official Petition Total as of 4/15/08 – 1100 signed petitions
- Our Official Petition Total as of 3/26/08 – 1000 signed petitions
- Our Official Petition Total as of 3/19/08 – 850 signed petitions
- Our Official Petition Total as of 3/13/08 – 730 signed petitions
- Our Official Petition Total as of 3/5/08 – 500 signed petitions
- Our Official Petition Total as of 3/4/08 – 400 signed petitions
- Our Official Petition Total as of 3/3/08 – 310 signed petitions
- Our Official Petition Total as of 2/27/08 – 90 signed petitions
- GOAL – 500 signed petitions by March 5
- NEW GOAL – 700 signed petitions by March 13
- NEW GOAL – 1000 signed petitions by March 29
- NEW GOAL – 1500 signed petitions by May 1
“It doesn’t take a majority to prevail, rather an irate tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples’ minds.” – Sam Adams
Keep up the good work…Sammy Adams would be proud of you for all the brushfires you all are setting.